Prospective students and families have the opportunity to take a campus tour before the admissions lottery.
Guajome Learning Centers
Families interested in attending Guajome Learning Centers (GLC), an independent study and home school program, will need to apply with GLC directly.
Guajome Park Academy
Thank you for your interest in attending Guajome Park Academy! As a California charter school, we are a tuition-free, public school that has the flexibility to be more innovative while still being held accountable for student achievement and financial responsibility. Charter schools use non-discriminatory enrollment practices. Guajome does not make any distinction on account of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, or religion of any student who seeks admission, and there are no test-in requirements to attend.
Admission is open to California students who wish to enroll, subject to capacity. In the event that the number of applicants exceeds the number of available openings for the academic year, a random lottery will be held for enrollment. Parents/Guardians must submit an application when the lottery window is open, September 1, 2023 - March 22, 2024, to be included in the lottery.
Once a student is enrolled at Guajome Park Academy, they do not have to re-apply for a position the following year. Parents/Guardians will need to complete the Annual Registration process for returning students.
Guajome Park Academy's admissions lottery for the 2024/25 school year will be held virtually via Zoom on April 3rd at 9:00 a.m. This is a double-blind lottery and no student names will be displayed. Parents will receive an email with the lottery results no later than Friday, April 5th.
*Families will receive an email notification with the lottery results within 1-2 days after the lottery.
New applications are prioritized for selection in the random lottery in the following order:
- Priority List:
- Siblings of students presently enrolled
- Students of GPA staff
- Siblings or children of alumni of Guajome Park Academy
- Students attending Guajome Learning Centers
- Students residing within the attendance boundaries of Vista Unified School District
- All other interested students
If students with enrollment priority do not adhere to designated registration/ re-enrollment protocol and/or procedures timelines, the enrollment priority will be forfeited.
If your lottery application was not received by March 22, 2024 at 3:00 p.m., your application will be considered post lottery. Post lottery applicants will not be included in the April 3rd lottery drawing. Late applicants will be placed at the end of the waiting list after the drawing. They will be placed in the order of submission.
The waitlist is full for the 2023/2024 school year and applications are no longer being accepted.
Apply for the 2024/2025 school year:
- Does Guajome charge tuition?
- Who can apply?
- When do we apply for the lottery?
- What documentation is needed to apply?
- Do any applicants get priority in the lottery?
- How will I know if my student's name comes up in the lottery?
- If my student is selected, are we guaranteed a spot?
- What happens if we are not offered a spot?
- If we are not selected will our names remain on file for next year?
- Do we have to re-apply every year once we have a place?
- If my student is selected, what documentation is needed to enroll?
- How do I report a change of address or other info?