School Site Council
School Site Council is a forum to inform and involve Guajome Stakeholders on important school matters such as our LCAP and Title Funding. During these meetings, the council reviews specific school programs and steps taken at the site to help meet goals set forth by the LCAP and receives information regarding the spending of Title Funds. Council members are able to give feedback to inform and support future decision-making in regard to school programs. Authentic stakeholder feedback is an important part of ensuring that Guajome continues to provide supports and programs that directly benefit and impact our students and school community.
The SSC has two primary functions:
1. Develop, revise, and adopt the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
2. Ensure that all federal mandates are met including:
- The proposed expenditures of all categorical funds
- The development of the comprehensive school safety plan
- The development and approval of the school-level Title I parent Involvement Policy
- The development and approval of the Title I school-Parent Compact
- The development and approval of Title I parental involvement budget
The SSC is comprised of 10 members selected by their peers as follows:
- 3 Classroom Teachers
- 1 Other School Staff (non-teacher)
- 1 Principal/Designee
- 4 Parent/Community Members
- 1 Student
*All members must be elected by their peers, except the principal.
During the first meeting members will vote to select Officers (Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, and Secretary). Each of the officers will receive a short training on their responsibilities.